For one, The Healthy Hoff is a real person...ME! I can't take full credit for the name. My friends nicknamed me Hoff (short for Hoffman), I added the Healthy part. Anyway, I spend a lot of time researching healthy stuff so you don't have to...because, well, I enjoy it! I'm a whole foods, planted-based, oil-free, Vegan who strives to live life as holistically as possible. That being said, I'm also a real chick, who approaches this lifestyle realistically, while balancing everything else in life! I reside in Cleveland, Ohio! So when I say local, that's the area I'm usually referring to. Oh and I also have a black cat, named Morticia, who makes an appearance on the site from time to time.
Oh yeah! I can't seem to stop going to school! As a result, I hold a few certifications:
- Health Coach Certification, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Starch Solution Certification, Dr. McDougall's Health & Medical Center
- Certification in Reversing Common Diseases, Dr. McDougall's Health & Medical Center
- Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition, Cornell University
- Certificate in Holistic Nutrition, American College of Healthcare Sciences
- Certificate in Wellness 101, The Wellness Forum, Columbus, Ohio
- Certificate in Natural Health & Healing, Lorain Community College
- Certificate in Luscious, Low-Fat, Lightning-Quick Meals, Lorain Community College
- Professional Plant-Based Certification, Rouxbe Cooking School
Have a particular subject in mind? Just use my "Search This Blog" box located at the bottom of every page. This handy little tool will pull up a list of entries in which I referenced the word or words you are looking for.
|I use this all the time!|
The Healthy Hoff was designed to be a constantly evolving resource of healthy knowledge, that grows as I grow! For instance, when I started this site (March 2011), I was a Prescatarian, which in my case was a vegan who ate fish. Since then, I have evolved into a 100% oil-free, vegan, due to all my studies and research. So you may come across a recipe or two with fish in it, but the majority are now oil-free and vegan. And any recipe that begins with "Hoff" is something I created myself and thought was good enough to share!
With this site, you can discover:
- Natural tips on Beauty
- Worthy & not so worthy Documentaries
- Quick hits of info with Video Snack
- Local & some not-so-local Events
- Healthy Insights, Activities, Food, Resources, Tools, Tips & Tricks
- Hoff Hits that offer super quick healthy tips!
- Healthy Websites & Local Businesses
- Healthy Recipes, Snacks & Meal Inspirations!
- Helpful Meditations and quick hits of Meditation Musings
- Living Vegan!
- My pride & joy - Soul Smile, images of animals that just make your soul smile :)
- Ask the Hoff features my responses to fellow Healthy Hoffer questions
I'm also working to put together a directory of local Healthy Restaurants and Bakeries that are either vegan friendly. As well as a list of Lifestyle Resources to help you with your quest to a healthier self!
By striving to learn at least one healthy thing a day, you will evolve into your own health expert as well as be inspired to continue on your healthy journey.
I am inspired daily by the things I learn and my goal is to inspire you to live a healthier life through knowledge!
Keep It Healthy!