Pearly Girl Vegan Teeth Whitening Pen and I have to say, not bad. :)
I’ve been applying it daily and I can’t say I’ve seen dramatic results, but my teeth have definitely lightened or rather my stains have decreased. I wasn’t expecting dramatic results (although that would have been awesome) because frankly this whitening pen doesn’t have all the chemical crap that traditional teeth whiteners have. That being said, I’m also not experiencing any of the sensitivity that is common with traditional whiteners, so I say that’s a win!
That lack of sensitivity is probably due to the fact that this pen is bleach-free and doesn’t contain parabens, mineral oil, phthalates or sodium lauryl sulfates. It also doesn’t have triclosan, soy or a synthetic fragrance. Bonus, it’s gluten-free and completely vegan!
This is what it does contain: water, glycerin, PEG-400, hydrogen peroxide, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, potassium nitrate, mentha pulegium and sodium saccharin. I will say that I am not happy about the sodium saccharin as I avoid all artificial sweeteners, so after this pen runs out, I won’t be buying again. I am keeping my eye on this in hopes that Tarte sees the error of their ways and reformulates - fingers crossed.
Despite that, whitening pen is super easy to use, simply:
- Twist at the base of the pen to dispense whitening gel onto the brush-on applicator. You may need to twist it multiple times with the first use for gel to appear.
- Smile and brush onto front of all teeth and wait 30 seconds before closing your mouth.
- Allow gel to penetrate for 15 minutes before eating or drinking.
- Apply up to four times a day for best results.
- Run brush under warm water to remove trace gel after each use.
Honestly, I don’t apply four times daily, I only do it once, right before bed. So maybe with more use, you’d get dramatic results.
Check it out!