The problem with this is that these goals tend to fizzle out by February. Either we get too busy, lose interest or simply forget.
Why not try a weekly resolution, practiced daily instead? A week is certainly less daunting that 365 days! And instead of trying to change yourself, why not doing something that will make you feel good, which will result in change naturally.
Try it for a month and see how you feel - perhaps you'll be motivated to keep going throughout the entire year, perhaps you'll pick up new habits along the way.
7-Day, Daily Resolution Ideas:
- Meditate 5-10 minutes
- Practice Mindful Breathing 5-10 minute
- Adopt an Affirmation
- Eat only Home Cooked Meals
- Try a new Exercise: Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, Weight Training
- Pay 1 person a Compliment
- Practice 1 Random Act of Kindness
- Learn 1 New Thing
- Figure It Out
Share some of your ideas!
Happy New Year!